Fashion

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Cocktails with Diana Vreeland

Last night saw my reintegration back onto the social scene. After compressing a month of fashion features into two weeks, I finally got to have a well-deserved Crimbo tipple..or eight. Vintaged to the max, I perched cocktail in hand at Bar Upstairs with Solo Ed Karina and my two GBFFs - Neil and Andy. The conversation (abridged version) went something like this.
Andy: "You look hot as balls!!!"
Me: "Thanks! I'm channelling Jackie O!"
Neil: "Will we have a cocktail."
Me: "Sure, why not? It's the holiday season."
Andy: "My brother just called me. He's getting married next year. Oh my God! What am I going to wear?!"
Karina: "Will we have another cocktail?"
Neil: "Why not? It is Christmas after all."
Me: "I actually can't pee unless I pull the dress off over my head and put it back on again."
Andy: "Doesn't matter. You look savage."
Me: "Let's have another cocktail - just to be festive."
Neil: "I bought you a little present. It's a book on Diana Vreeland."
Me: "Oh my god. You're so good to me! I love you! (hic!) "
Neil: "I think it's time we went home."
In bed at 10.30 p.m. on a Friday. Rock 'n' roll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion