Fashion

Saturday, July 26, 2008

to backpack or not to backpack



the idea of wearing a rucksack as a fashion accessory hadn't occured to me until they popped up on the catwalk at Prada and DKNY a couple of seasons ago because, well the idea just seemed downright absurd!

I loved my inflatable backpack when I was 5, but since then they would only be reluctantly dug out for those miserable walks you're dragged on by your parents when you're younger.

Now it seems to be a case of reverse psychology, because not only does the idea of a nice walk in the countryside appeal, so does a little old school baggage. A little something in leather for the madeline look perhaps.

It's worth checking out the post that refinery29 did a while ago as it features a great collection of backpacks, from ACNE to alexander wang but also a little selection of what ebay has to offer.

I'm really craving one, with the idea of popping in my ipod, notebook and usual accompaniments and maybe a bag of sandwiches and setting off for the day.
Having said that, I'm so used to the feel of a handbag strap on my right shoulder.. woah there, comfort zone..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion