Fashion

Thursday, June 12, 2008

trousers or pyjamas




monday was incredibly hot. and with the builders in, i escaped to the other side for tea at my granny's house. sunbathing in the garden, strawberries and cream, new issue of french vogue and an enthusiastic labrador made for a lovely afternoon.

when i was getting ready to go back home, i was given a little pile of goodies, in usual tradition, a couple of hand-me-downs, a new satc boxset and some reference books.
tonight i tried on the silk pyjamas which were in the pile. and i can quite safely say; i feel like they have changed my life!

everything about them seems perfect; the colour scheme of dusty pink and pale grey, the fit is spot on and incredibly does wonders for my long legs, they compliment my new heels, love of my life x2. looking in the mirror, i realised these were the trousers that deep down somewhere i had been visualising when i was dabbling in a bit of humpty, and they have that YSL (ss08) feel that I was after. and a bit of jil sander thrown in?

i stared and contemplated into the mirror, excitedly, in a way that only teenagers can get away with and considered whether i could wear them out, what a shame it would be to hide away such a perfect pair.

also, this feels like the perfect opportunity to mention my granny. i'm pretty confident that she is the sole reason behind my love and appreciation for style and aesthetics. she says that style is something you are born with, something that can't be learnt, but i must confess, i think i learnt about style from the stack of magazines i read in her bathroom when i was little. i'm hoping to do a post on her in the not too distant future, dig out the faded photographs of her in the 1960s. so a hello to 'granny annie' for we are each other's number one fans.

PS: just re-read this post after writing it a couple of days ago and now wonder if my appreciation for the pyjamas (and my desire to wear them outside) was all down to the moment. and now wonder if they have the same effect in the pictures as i felt they did.
ho humm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion