Fashion

Saturday, June 28, 2008

mindset


when i go for days without posting, i feel like a flaky parent! but i was having a few "off days", second guessing myself and feeling unsure about the blog. i find that it's just as easy to have periods like this as it is to have a bad hair day. but i must push on regardless, and i apologise for the standstill.

i had thursday off, and making the most of the extended weekend, i've been getting my head into gear for the winter, reaquainting myself with the collections. the weather is so tempermental at the moment, with storms and showers that i feel less quilty than i usually would contemplating voluminous coats and sturdy tights before july is even here.

the lookbook for lou doillon's second lee cooper collection has also come out. even when the clothes are of no interest to me (not so in this case) i always enjoy a little flick through, looking at the page designs, trying to decipher the lifestyle being sold from the scenery and styling. in this case, the illustarions are a welcome touch.

lou doillon: "
i hate everything that’s chic. for me, that’s about doing things to be noticed. I can be aristocratic, sophisticated, or kooky — but I’m not chic. (I guess that’s because I was raised by an English girl.)"

pics: ny times

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion