Fashion

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

a burgoining desire



i was reluctant to do a post declaring "our winter wardrobe!" in relation to the costumes of The Edge of Love. Mostly because the "little forties dress under cable knit cardie" formula isn't very new is it?
in fact, it was a regular occurance for me last winter, and i'm sure for a few others.

but I love keeping an eye on fashion in film. the cinema is one of the strongest influences for me, and I find it interesting to see watch the connection between the streets and our screens.

The cold months may be a long way off (the fashion industry as always is speeding ahead and taking no prisoners!) but I'm already excited to begin planning what I'll be running around in. Ironically, come each new season I forget what I wore the last. Having a flick through the images from the set of the new film which have been streaming into our awareness over the last few months has caused little "oh yeah"s and "how could i forget?"'s

in no way am I trying to dictate, or tell you what to wear, but I'm sure like me, you won't be able to resist. just this morning, i was looking into my underwear draw weighing up the sensibility of wearing my ribbed grey knee socks in his heat, shocking myself by willing a cool breeze or spot of rain so that I could sport the layered look playing on my mind.


the fact that the majority of my wardrobe is now made up of charity shop finds must play a part in my love for the oversize cardigan and granny dress combination.


April Ferry is the costume designer for the film, which I am eagerly anticipating. Usually so content with living in my time, I am suddenly considering having words with a physics geek on that time machine concept. "Oh, you want to right the wrongs of the world? Go back and make things better?"

"ughh, actually going back to the 1940's and floating about with veronica lake curls in red lipstick and hourglass floral dresses would work for me".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion