Fashion

Sunday, January 14, 2007

"Show Me What You Got Lil Mama!"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In November, you may remember, I put up a post (
http://discothequeconfusion.blogspot.com/2006_11_17_discothequeconfusion_archive.html) sharing my disgust at the fact that Zoebot and Party Queen La Lohan had been selected for Miu Miu's Spring 07 campaigns.

I was, and still am surprised that the fashion house opted for someone, who in my opinion really doesn't represent the brand's identity, unlike previous models such as Camilla Belle, Chloe Sevigny and Maggie Gyllenhaal who are all recognised for their quirky styles.

However, I'm willing to (kind of) go back on what I said because one of the first pitures has finally been released (or leaked..) from the campaigns, and I must say I rather like it!

Lindsay has the air of a ventriloquist's doll and the rich tones in the picture are reminisent of the decadent colours used in Miu Miu's winter collection. Her classical glamour look makes a nice change from the unflattering pap shots we're used to seeing of "sober" lohan stumbling out of nigtclubs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott have done is again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion