Fashion

Friday, June 4, 2010

baseballing

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhdPdFzUhAijcCS62Ut7qC1wGcomIqz8dapfqqSPQ1QI5EBxHKzTzVLVphfxWjczQsIJoioULirK_V6sB3EKmEneAQvb4NQN7TSOuXMazOetX6TXXcuvSZkzirFIhVuq0JaamWt3eqpDUc/s1600/baseball+cap.jpg
Hovering at the back of my head for some time has been the temptation to dabble with baseball caps. Very likely a remnant of my ELLEgirl days when the magazine's creative editorials of models in baseball caps and spaghetti strap dresses left an impression on my tween self. I had a rifle through my ELLEgirl archives this morning and after a frustrating search came away fruitless and unable to present to you the feature I had in mind. Hey ho.

While I love Fedoras and Floppy Hats for this time of year the carefree nature of a baseball cap is currently very appealing and there is a certain sense of irony knowing you're sporting the same headwear as someone's Dad as they stand over a BBQ somewhere. Think of
Lisa Corneliusson (hands down one of my favourite bloggers) who regularly wears sporty trainers. While labels like 'Sportswear Luxe' are thrown about this season with sexy lycra crop tops as references and admissions that tracksuit bottoms must be worn with heels this more casual approach is surely more appealing for a sticky summer.

I wore it yesterday for a stroll around the shops with a sleeveless, collared denim dress and some charlotte gainsbourg-esque suede ankle boots. with tiny glimpse of yellow sock poking out. sounds hideous (and perhaps it was) but to me it felt right. Mish mash of style references (see
for Ingrid Sophie Schram those yellow socks..)

Now, baseball caps. Discuss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion