Fashion

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Additives

I am sick of the word "accessories".

It makes me think of lone earrings separated from their other half in the summer sales, and dodgily patterned silk neck scarves.

So I've come up with a suitable alternative.
Additives. Think of throwing some additives into your outfit as a joy, it's the style equivalent of skipping to the pic 'n' mix stand at your local Woolworths and throwing some pink shrimps and cherry lips into your paper bag.

Additives are organic (no, not those additives) and give the finger to the matchy matchy connotations that accessories have. No, my sunglasses most certainly do not coordinate with my shoes and bag, cheers.

Did I sell you my new expression? Anyone got the number for the bespectacled guys at Oxford Dictionary?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion