Fashion

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

remembering irina




Back in 2006, before Agy mania had reached it’s peak (and then down some..), there was Irina.

Well, there were other people too, but bear with me here.


Us bloggers swooned over her fringe and her rock n roll credentials. Then, as is inevitable said peroxide haired model stepped up and kind of stole her sunshine. Irina hasn’t been appearing in as many editorials or shows, especially as she has a musical career to be seeing to.


I grabbed a copy of Tank at the weekend, and it was Irina’s piece that got me to part with my crumpled fiver; it just reminded me of how I used to love her, and the photographs show us personal insights with shots of notes from Pete Doherty and childhood snaps.


I was always a Libertines fan, so have known about Pete aside from Kate, but this article, which tells of Irina and his on-off relationship paints them in an endearing picture; they’re life long collaborators and lovers. Just forget about the heroin side and appreciate the images.


Lovely.


click here for the rest of the ed..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion