Fashion

Monday, May 26, 2008

A little bird told me III

thank you for the wise comments left to the last post. 16 sex and the city episodes and three slices of cake later.. an inspiration collage and amusing quotes courtesy of those amusing fashionistas.

Marc Jacobs assures us that Victoria Beckham, like, totally gets irony; "I'm fascinated by pop culture, and people's fascination with her... As soon as I saw her after the Louis Vuitton show for spring/summer 2008, when she came backstage, I got the idea and went to see her at the Ritz. We spoke about the irony and perversity of it, and she totally got it."

Julia Restoin Roitfeld on her Mum; "She told me not to try too hard or follow the trends too much—because they change too fast."

"I have zero control. I couldn't pay my rent this summer because I had to have the Balenciaga gladiators in every color available." Um, and your landlord didn't just throw you out, Kate Lanphear?


Lesley Arfin dishes the perks of having Ms Sevigny as a mate; "I occasionally get her hand-me-downs. Once she gave me a pale pink Lil' Orphan Annie dress; another time I got a little boy's military jacket à la Michael Jackson."

Coco Rocha loves a bit of the airbrush; "People might look at a picture of me and say, "Wow, I wish I had her body", but they should realise that I often look at a picture of myself and say, "Wow, I wish I had my body."

pics google images, tFs, refinery29, radar, roidrage

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion